Sunday, May 12, 2013

Do You Remember? Cause I Do.

Remember when we tied paper clips at the end of burlap strings that were tied to long sticks?  We would put pieces of kraft cheese on the end for bait.  We would cast our homemade fishing polls into the farmer next door's irrigation ditch hoping to catch anything.  I remember always being scared that he would see us and yell at us like he did before.

Remember when Santa brought me the fake diamond and silver choker?

Remember when they kicked me out of their club because I didn't have my ears pierced?  I had to wait until I was twelve.

Remember when my mom cut up white t-shirts to make them look old and tattered?  We would wear them with red bandanas and we would hold our plastic swords from Disneyland.  We played pirates for days that summer, and never got tired of it.

Remember the water fights, and when you broke my favorite water bottle?  I think you were the first one that gave me butterflies.  Everyday I would wait to see if you'd come to swim practice.

Remember when it poured rain, and your whole backyard was a mud pit?  We asked our moms if we could play in it, surprisingly they said yes.  It was a dream come true.




Remember when we would practice for hours our dance routine that we made up to the Hillary Duff CD?  We sent out invitations for the neighbors to watch us in our own little concert.  I remember being so nervous.

Remember riding our bikes to the pond?  We brought tupperware with us to put the tadpoles we would catch.  Water would spill out while we rode our bikes all the way home all over our legs.  We put them in your fish bowl, and by morning they would all be dead.  Every time, but nothing stopped us from going again the next week.

Remember going to the dollar store?  Mom would let us pick one thing, and it was always so hard for me to choose.

Remember when Dad took us for rides on the four wheeler?  I felt like a big girl when he would let me steer.  I was secretly really scared of the loud noise, and the big dirt hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment