Sunday, February 17, 2013

I love you mama.


I love you mama.  You always know what to tell me when something isn't quite right.  Even if I don't want to hear it, it seems to always help.

I can't really see how you love me sometimes.

 I always mess up and once I think I've climbed to my feet again, I smack myself  back down.  You've seen me at my worst and that's not a very beautiful sight to see.  But still you love me, unconditionally.

Because I bet you think back to when I was little.  Have I changed at all?  I can't really remember if I was any different.  I feel the same, and I think the same, even if I look a little different.




You're still addicted to the little blue container of Savex Chapstick.  The brand you've used since I don't know when.  Aw crap.  Now  I think you've got me addicted too because I have to put it on every night before bed, because it smells like you.

Thanks for always listening to what I have to say.  And you get excited about the little things I get excited about because... because... I don't know why.  I love that about you.

Thanks for saying I look beautiful every morning, even when I'm running way late and I haven't even put make up on yet.




 I love how you've taught me how to work.  I remember cleaning the toilet when I was little and you'd come in and check if I'd done it right.

There was always something I needed to do better, and you always made me go back in and do it again.  I can't tell you how much I hated that.  But now I'm grateful, because now I can clean a toilet... dang well.

Down the road if I get lost and I forget how much I love you, make me read this.  I know sometimes I forget that I love you.  Please forgive me for those times.  I'm sorry my room is always a mess.

 But at least I have a clean toilet.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and really... real.
    A mother is the best thing on the planet

    Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Now I think you've got me addicted too because I have to put it on every night before bed, because it smells like you."
    I liked this post, but especially this line. I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete