Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Please don't leave my thoughts.

Every time I try to do something productive, you won't leave my thoughts.

Get out! Get out! You never leave. I don't even know what I keep thinking about.  I keep dreaming, imagining, pretending, fixing things. But in the morning.  Nothing really has changed. You're still the same and I'm still the same. 

And sometimes I get tired of myself.  I get tired of the way I sing in the shower.  Tired of the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I make. Please kill me before I have to eat another.  I'm tired of doing my hair every single day for school, and putting on the same exact make-up everyday. I thought I loved schedules and routines and never changing.  But I think I need a change, right about now.  And I think that's why I keep thinking of you.  You're new, exciting, and funny and a little scary I guess.  I love being stupid with you.  It's the funniest thing ever, and I guess that's what I always think about.










For me, I think of you like a fat man thinks of cheeseburgers.  
I think of you like soup thinks it needs a little more salt.  
Like a parade thinks of the finishing touch of confetti.
Like how my grandma is always thinking of anyone but herself.

I think of you like how a dirty carpet thinks of being cleaned by a brand spankin' new vacume.
Like a old, dusty book thinks about being cracked open again.
Like how a young mother thinks of her children at home with that twelve year old babysitter.  I hope they're safe.

I think of you like vanilla ice cream thinks of being too plain. I need chocolate, and sprinkles, and nuts, and bananas and more chocolate. You are my chocolate. And most of the time you are what makes me taste good.  "Everything that don't make sense about me, makes sense when I'm with you." -Hunter Hayes

I think of you with everything.  Somehow everything reminds me of you.  And there I go again thinking of you. Would you please stop giving me things to think about? 

But please for right now, just for this second, don't leave my thoughts.



5 comments:

  1. "You're new, exciting, and funny and a little scary I guess."
    I love this for some reason, I am also stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I keep dreaming, imagining, pretending, fixing things. But in the morning. Nothing really has changed. You're still the same and I'm still the same."
    Couldn't have said it better. STOLE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Every time I try to do something productive, you won't leave my thoughts." Oh this is so good. I'm stealing this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I get tired of the way I sing in the shower." This is awesome, I am stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I keep dreaming, imagining, pretending, fixing things. But in the morning. Nothing really has changed. You're still the same and I'm still the same."

    Stolen.

    I really like this post.

    ReplyDelete