Monday, March 25, 2013

Are we there yet?

Every second it's getting closer and closer to the end.  In two months it'll all be over.  You two will leave to college together, and I'll be off to a far away land, utterly alone.  But I guess there are worse things than being alone.  And you'll leave on your mission, just like that, gone for two years.  We'll be off to start a new chapter in our own books.

Think of all the magic we've been through together.  Think of the many hours we've laughed our guts out.  Think of the many words we've said to each other.  But try not to think about the very limited time we have left.

I wish I could hit a pause button, just until I can take it all in.  Just until I can memorize all of your smiles, and funny faces.  How have you all handled me through out these last months?  I've been all over the place.  Sliding down the walls, jumping up and down, climbing all over the furniture, breaking windows, ripping carpet, throwing the cat down the hall.

From here on out, let's take it real slow.  Real, real slow.  Because I can't handle the fast pace that we've all been going for far too long.  Let's breathe in every moment, so it can travel through our brains down to our hearts, where we'll keep the memories forever.  I just hope that in the near future, my name will still be written all over each one of your books. Because after all, we're all Fat Whales.

No comments:

Post a Comment