Sunday, March 31, 2013

Where are my dolls now?




I wish I was as easily entertained as I used to be.  My baby dolls, barbies, crayons, playground, sand box, and lemonade stands.  It's much harder now to feel my imagination.  To feel the juices flowing into words, and stories, and magic.  I have to work for it, squeeze it out. 

 I used to be so scared of the tooth fairy.  When I felt her picking up my pillow, I didn't dare look.  

My childhood friend and I would play barbies for hours, and hours and hours.  She had so many. It was paradise.  Always the same, a mom, dad, older sister, and younger brother and sister, with a baby on the way.  



1 comment:

  1. I love the title. And the concept.
    Even when you finally get an ounce of imagination out, it's nothing comparred to what used to come without trying.

    ReplyDelete